RONY supports the following key issues:
- Enhancement of the NYS Statewide Freight Rail Infrastructure Capital Program so that essential freight rail projects throughout the state may get underway.
- Legislation which would update New York State’s scrap metal theft laws in a manner necessary to encourage enforcement and deter illegal trespassing and theft activities.
- The development of the Marcellus Shale formation in NYS, including opposing moratoriums on such activities.
- NYS legislation that would repeal the provision of law requiring cost recovery assessments from local Industrial Development Agencies by the state.
- Proper eminent domain practices for essential infrastructure development projects.
- The creation of Job Tax Credits to spur infrastructure development and economic growth.
- Legislation which would provide railroads with protection from frivolous lawsuits.
- The utilization of proper land use planning when industrial economic development projects are being considered.
- Providing funding assistance to regional and short line railroads to help them comply with Federal safety requirements.
- The goals of the NYS Energy Plan by advancing freight rail transport as an efficient, environmentally-friendly and energy-saving mode for shipping goods.